My Top 10 Run Mix

Friday, October 10, 2014

Having been training for a 10K and half marathon simultaneously, a great playlist is my new best friend. No joke. Good music can literally boost your spirit and kick you into gear with just a few seconds of a good beat. There have been many a days where I felt like I just couldn't go on, and BAM! A good song comes on and it's like I own the world!

Here are my top 10 favorite songs to run to!

Matt & Kim - 'Don't Slow Down'
After a little research, Kim is actually a runner (and a drummer), so it's no surprise that all their music has killer beats! It really helps pace me, which is awesome!

The Downtown Fiction -  'I Just Wanna Run'
This little gem comes on periodically on my Pandora Sketchers 5k channel, and it is surprisingly motivational. we all run for a reason, and this one always reminds me why Im out there hitting the pavement!

Eminem - 'Lose Yourself'
I know, so 9 mile of me, but man, does this get me pumped. Another reminder of why I'm out there. Sometimes clearing your mind really helps you lose yourself in your runs. 

House of Pain - 'Jump Around'
Any Baylor Football fan gets totally pumped when they hear this, and it brings back such great memories, so it helps pass the time!

LCD Soundsystem - 'Daft Punk is Playing at My House'
This song has a killer beat, and makes you want to dance a little.. which comes in handy after mile 8 when the last thing you want to do is keep running ;)

David Guetta Feat. Akon - 'Sexy Bitch' or 'Sexy Chick'
There's some discrepancy on the actual name of the song lol
Yeah Yeah I know, Im not into EDM, but this is one of those songs that puts a little pep in your step!

Foster the People - 'Don't Stop (Color on The Walls)
A little slower, more mellow, but has a great beat to pace yourself to! Good for hills too!

Havana Brown - 'We Run The Night (Feat. Pitbull)
There isn't much to say about this song, other than I really like it and makes me dance a little when Im running! Im not one that usually likes this club music, but something about this song gets me in a good groove!

Carrie Underwood - 'Good Girl'
I just love Carrie Underwood and this song makes you feel like such a hard ass, that it's no big deal that its a country song. Who says you can't work out to country?!

Cascada - 'Evacuate the Dancefloor'
Ya'll. This is my absolute favorite song, ever, to run to. I have no idea why, but when it comes on, it energizes me every. single. time. I literally lose myself in the music and have a little dance party in my head. ha!

Those are my 10 favorite songs to run to- what are some of yours? I'd love to add some new tunes to the mix!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs