Beckett's 1st Birthday Bash!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Oh what fun, Beckett turned 1!

I still can't believe we have a 1 year old! We love him more and more everyday!

I started planning his party a month or so before his birthday (seriously, don't plan out much more than that or you'll drive yourself batty!) We knew we wanted to do something 'Curious George-y' but we didn't want to go overboard. Tiny Prints (my fav!) had an invitation that was my inspiration for the party. 
please excuse the awful 'photoshopping'. my laptop with my PhotoShop crashed and im having to supplement!
We used the Main Event: Bright Red Birthday Invitation suite (no longer available.. but check out all their other awesome 1st birthday designs here!).. including the invitations, thank you cards, and return labels and the Birthday Breakdown: Blue Moon personalized stamps. The colors of the invitations were the bread and butter to his party decor. It was a modern touch to primary colors.. a Bright Red, a Bold Yellow, and a Turquoise Blue! I loved how simple it was, but how big of an impact it made!

Since it was his 1st birthday, I went a little overboard. But then again, it's the 1st party he had and I was really thrifty, so whatever! I utilized the Dollar Tree and dollar section at Target, which was really helpful since they had all their red and white stuff for Valentine's Day! We did rent tables and chairs from Big D Party Rentals since we just moved in and don't have a house full of furniture. It was totally worth it!
We ordered Beckett's adorable Curious George Shirt from Monogram4Me on Etsy and Curious George plates, hats, balloons, and cups from Party City
I made the tissue paper garland (from Dollar Tree tissue paper!) and made his hat, Happy Birthday Beckett banner, cake banner, and used all my monthly instagram photos of him for a cute little banner to show everyone how much he's grown (we may still have this up because it's so damn cute!). Market Street did the smash cake, cake, cupcakes and food.. and it was SO GOOD. Plus, I didn't have to cook which was a plus! We had crostini, croissant sandwiches, veggies, fruit, hummus with pita and olives, chocolate dipped rice krispie treats that I made. Having all cold food was super helpful too. No making sure that everything was warm all day!
Instead of having a sign in book, we had everyone sign and leave little notes in a copy of 'Curious George and the Birthday Surprise' It'll be a great memento of his first birthday for years to come! I hope he keeps it forever! (wishful thinking, right?)
It was so emotional singing 'Happy Birthday!' to Beckett. I literally choked up as we were on either side of him singing. He's the best thing in the world and we are so happy he chose us! He definitely went to town on his smash cake.. like I said, he definitely has his mother's sweet tooth!
 
Beckett was showered with lots of love and gifts! He was such a trooper and even sat with us as 'he' opened his presents!
For favors, we gave out copies of Curious George Books, bubbles, with some candy. It was so hard to figure out what to give out! I hope they were a hit!
It was such a fun, beautiful day. Beckett is one lucky kid! I can't thank my Mom and Grandparents enough for helping out with everything too! We literally couldn't have done it without you! We love you guys and are SO thankful for you!

We spent his actual birthday doing what Beckett loves best.. eating pancakes, and swinging and sliding at the park! I can't wait to celebrate next year and every year after with this cutie!
...and as a bonus, here's us singing 'Happy Birthday' and Beckett smashing his cake! Thanks to my brother Nic for the video!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs