Thanksgiving in Texas! Part 3 of 3!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sunday was our last day in Houston, and we did it up in style! We checked out of the hotel bright and early and headed over to my grandparents for breakfast and to find out if we indeed got tickets to the football game.
Before leaving the hotel, I snapped a few pics of the lobby all decked out for Christmas! It was just too pretty!
We grabbed breakfast and got decked out in Texans gear before heading to the game! We were all excited and bummed at the same time-- I have a Texans maternity shirt, that I left in California, CL has a couple shirts, my brother has more than one jersey and we left everything at our respective homes. Oh well. Good thing for Academy!
We all piled in my Granddaddy's truck and headed to Reliant Stadium. It was so nice that we didn't have to park!
We got to the stadium, which was my brothers first time to watch the Texans play in regular season, and our second (remember the Jones' visit?) so we quickly found our seats in time for kickoff.

The game was a lot of fun, and even though the Texans lost, it was a great game. And getting to watch Tom Brady play was pretty cool too!
After the game, we headed back to my grandparents for a late lunch and relaxing before heading back to Austin. It was so hard to leave, but I know I'll see my grandparents again soon once the baby arrives! Trips home are never long enough!
We got to Austin without any bad traffic, which was really nice, and did a little laundry before going to bed.
Monday we had plans to meet some of our friends for lunch, so we leisurely got up, got ready, and headed to Lucy's Fried Chicken. YUM. It was great to see some old friends that we hadn't gotten to see in a while!
We got back to my Mom's and relaxed some more before attempting to get to the airport. CL and I got texts from Southwest telling us our flight was delayed. Which made us technically miss our connecting flight to San Jose. BOO. He called and tried to get us on the direct flight, but they tried charging us some outrageous amount of money, so we we decided to just head to the airport and see what we could do. 
I tried to hold it together as best as I could when we were leaving, but I cried like a baby at my moms before we left. And again getting dropped off at the curb. As great as it has been in California for us, it is extremely hard to leave our family, especially with baby arriving in February. I was a mess.
Lucky for us, the gate clerk not only didn't charge me for my overweight suitcase (oops), but he got us on the direct, non-delayed flight, for free. It was awesome. Our flight was uneventful, just like I like them. We got back to San Jose in time for bed, and boy were we exhausted!
It was a wonderful trip and I am so glad we were able to take the time off to go spend time with all of our friends and family! I can't wait to see everyone again soon!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs