Recipe File: Chilled Corn Soup

Monday, August 11, 2014

I've never been a corn eater. ever. Something about the fact that it, well, doesn't digest just freaks me out. But then I realized how sweet and delicious it is when you puree it. And now I can't stop.

We stopped by the farmers market a couple of weekends ago after our beach mini photo shoot and picked up some amazing white corn, and I immediately put it to good use! With it being so hot lately, I decided to make a chilled corn soup! And Y'all, not only is this almost fat free, vegan, and super easy to make, but it is SO good CL asked to put this on the dinner rotation!

Chilled Corn Soup
5 white corn cobs
1/2 onion, diced
1 medium to large shallot, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
salt & pepper, to taste
olive oil
chicken stock
ground thyme, to taste
shirmp ceviche (optional)
 After you have diced your onion, shallot and garlic, add a few teaspoons of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat.
Cook about 8 minutes or until onions become translucent. 

Add corn; add salt and pepper to taste as well as a teaspoon or so of the ground thyme (or really to taste!)
 Cook over medium heat for another 8-10 minutes.

Once you are done 'cooking' the corn mixture, transfer about half of the mix to a blender. Add about 1/2 cup chicken stock to mixture. I may have used more, but its up to you! Some like more liquidy soup, some like it thicker!
 Puree!

Transfer to a bow to cool, and puree the other half of your mixture. And that's it! Chill on the counter so that it doesn't condensate, then move your soup to the fridge!
I served it with a shrimp ceviche (thanks Fresh & Easy), and it was delish! 
Enjoy!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hello Angelica,

    Your Corn soup looks delicious, yummy!

    My name is Martina and I have read your blog and I really liked your recipes! I work for a website called myTaste.com and I would love for you to join us!

    www.mytaste.com is a search engine that collects food blogs. We already have over 3000 blogs and if you join us you will take benefit from the traffic that we are sending to your blog.

    Add our widget and hopefully with your recipes your blog will be on the top of the food blogs list!

    If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at info@mytaste.com

    To join myTaste, just go to www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog


    Best regards, Martina
    mytaste.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2015 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs